RMail is one of Ryerson's electronic mail systems and is available to current students and faculty who chose to use it rather than Gmail.
RMail disk quotas
Disk quotas are provided to users based on their role at the university and are described below:
|Students - graduate||1000|
|Students - undergrad||500|
|Students - part-time or CE||250|
Special (additional) quota request can be approved on a case by case basis.
Message size limitations
The RMail system allows messages to be sent up to 30 MB in size, including attachments and the body of the message itself. The maximum message size allowed for receiving (sent to an RMail account) is 25 MB.
However, the current Webmail interface has a limitation and only allows messages up to 5 MB to be sent. A work around to this restriction is to use a client, such as Outlook or Thunderbird.
Learn more about RMail
- Your RMail Account: Find out how to get a new RMmail account and how long RMail access is available for students.
- How to use Web Mail: Find out how to access RMail through a web browser.
- Setting up Email Clients: Find out how to set up an email client.
- Email Spam and Phishing: Find out how to protect yourself from email spam or phishing.
- Managing your Mailbox: Find out how to manage your mailbox.