Installing Windows 7
Windows 7 requires some technical expertise:
If you would like CCS to perform the installation, call the CCS helpdesk @ extension 6806. There is an installation fee of $75.
However, if you choose to install Windows 7 on your own or by your department’s technical support, we advise that you take the following precautions:
- Ensure application compatibility
- Ensure full back up of your data files before proceeding
- Ensure that you have chosen the correct version of Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit) to download
- Ensure that you are using your Ryerson office Ethernet connection and not the wireless connection
- Additional information for Windows 7: http://www.ryerson.ca/ccs/software/windows7/
Download and Activate Windows 7
- Click on the required link below and follow the prompt(s)
|Activation Type||Laptops & Desktops|
(Key Management Service)
|Windows 7 Professional 32-bit|
|Windows 7 Professional 64-bit|
|For Windows 7 Enterprise versions - Please check with your department's technician|
(Multiple Activation Key)
Computers that are taken offsite for extended periods of time i.e. for 180 days or more
Call CCS' helpdesk @ extension 6806
(Work At Home)
Professional Version Only
Eligible users may purchase a WAH kit from the Ryerson Bookstore for $10.
|Windows 7 Professional is available to the Ryerson community (Faculty/Staff and students) for general purpose (work related and personal) use from Ryerson Bookstore at a cost of $110|
Activation for Windows 7 must be done using a Ryerson wired connection from your office. Activation cannot be done using Ryerson's wireless or employees' home connection.
After downloading Windows 7, click here for activation instructions.