New Student Information:
Part Time Direct Entry Students
Date: Wednesday, January 09, 2013 from 5:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Location: Kerr Hall South 363-B [see KHS on Campus Map]
2 passport photos which will be placed in your Field Education and Academic Files
Please print your name and Ryerson student ID # on the back of each photograph
- FULL NAME and STUDENT NUMBER
- Identify yourself as a Part Time Direct Entry student who will be attending this session.
- Speak SLOWLY and CLEARLY if you are leaving a message on the answering machine.
- Meet the Program Manager, Sue Mace, and the Field Education Coordinator.
You will be provided with an overview of the program and have an opportunity to ask questions. You will find out important information about School expectations and the University resources that are available to you.
- Learn how to create an academic plan and select appropriate courses to ensure your successful completion of the program.
- Learn about the field practice component of the program.
- Meet other students.
- Find out how to acquire a Photo ID/Library Card which is necessary for examinations, Library privileges, access to some buildings and proof of being a Ryerson University Student. The times and location for acquiring this card are listed at www.ryerson.ca/onecard/
We specifically request passport photos for consistency of size and ease of recognition. We will NOT accept snapshots, photos taken at kiosks in the mall, high school wallet size graduation photos or photocopies of your actual passport. You do NOT need to bring your Criminal Reference Check, Standard First Aid/CPR C or TB Test documents until the semester before your first placement.
Please confirm your attendance by leaving a message at (416) 979-5000, ext. 7636 with your:
During the orientation session you will:
It is recommended that students NOT purchase any text books until they have attended their first lecture for each course and receive detailed course descriptions.